Are you running multiple social media accounts and want to find a way to make sharing from Facebook to Instagram easier? Today I’m going to take a look at the ways to do that via an Android handset. Which means, in a few minutes time you will be able to share back and forth between the two platforms with ease.
Facebook to Instagram
Before I provide you with these methods, you may be wondering how this is possible. After all, Instagram wasn’t created to be second in line. Instead, it requires that “you” create the content posted onto its platform using your smartphone. As such the barriers it has in place prevent other forms of upload not supported in the app.
However, from experience, I can tell you, that the means to do so is at your fingertips right now!
How To Share From Facebook to Instagram
This how-to assumes that you have the latest version of both social platforms installed on your Android device. If you don’t, please go and do that now. The fastest route is to search the app on Google Play then Go to its Page followed by Tapping Update.
Once you have completed the updates follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Facebook app and scroll through your posts or those of others for an image to share.
2. Once you have found something interesting Tap the Image this will enlarge it. Next you need to Long Press on the Image until a small menu pops up.
3. Now that the menu has appeared scroll downwards until you find Share External and then Tap it.
4. In the following window, you will be presented with a selection of places to share the image. As this is about sharing from Facebook to Instagram look for the Instagram Logo and Tap it.
5. When Instagram has been selected, its app will launch with your chosen image ready to be posted as normal!
And that is the easiest way to share from Facebook to Instagram; there’s no doubt that you’re a little surprised that you didn’t know about it.
Alternative Ways to Share
If the above method doesn’t quite fit your requirements. You probably need to share your Facebook posts to more than just Instagram at once. Unfortunately, unless you have a rooted device, there are no apps available. However, there is one solution, which doesn’t require a smartphone at all and doesn’t post from Facebook to Instagram.
Called Gramblr it’s a desktop app compatible with both Windows and MacOS. It allows you to upload pictures or videos on Instagram and features a similar upload wizard.